You can often see this Lucky Cat in the kitsch version at Asian stores.
But now he is also as hip home accessory.
Give this Lucky Cat as a gift to someone who can use a bit of luck.
He stands for peace and reflexion. Read more
Everyone knows these lucky cats in the ugly high-gloss gold version. The Lucky Cat from Donkey Products is a stylish version of the Maneki Neko in beautiful colors. Each color has its own meaning. The name Maneki Neko means lucky cat and is therefore a real lucky charm. Give this lucky cat to someone who could use some luck, or buy one for yourself. This cat will always wave at you.
The Lucky Cat works on 1 AA battery (not included). Height 15 cm. Material plastic.
These lucky cats are available in 11 colors:
- White: peace and reflection
- Yellow: wealth and prosperity
- Pink: love and romance
- Blue: intelligence and academic success
- Black: elegance and tranquility
- Green: family and community
- Red: courage and strength
- Dark blue: honesty and reliability
- Violet: relaxation and self-confidence
- Grey: stability and safety
- Mint green: health and confidence
The Lucky cat is originally from Japan and is a well-known talisman there. In Japanese the name is Maneki Neko. This means "beckoning cat" There is a beautiful story behind it. A rich man is said to have sheltered under a tree from the storm. A poor priest's cat came and lured the man away from the tree. Not much later, the tree is struck by lightning. To thank the priest, the man makes the temple big and rich. If the cat dies, it will be captured and this cat will continue as Lucky Cat.